The 2022 Alice was awarded to Alphawood Foundation for Reconstructing the Garrick: Adler & Sullivan’s Lost Masterpiece. Edited by John Vinci with Tim Samuelson, Eric Nordstrom, and Chris Ware. Designed by Chris Ware.
The Alice 2022 jury:
- R.O. Blechman, Illustrator
- Teresa A. Carbone, Program Director for American Art, Henry Luce Foundation
- David R. Godine, Publisher
- William P. Kelly, Andrew W. Mellon Director, Research Libraries, NY Public Library
- Max Rudin, President & Publisher, The Library of America
- Pauline Willis, Director & CEO, American Federation of Arts
- Chair: Ian Wardropper, Director, Frick Collection
- Chair Emeritus: Jock Reynolds, Former Director, Yale University Art Gallery
The Alice 2022 short list:
Ray Johnson c/o
The Art Institute of Chicago (Chicago, IL)
Edited by Caitlin Haskell with Jordan Carter and designed by Irma Boom.
Private Lives: Home and Family in the Art of the Nabis, Paris, 1889-1900
The Cleveland Museum of Art (Cleveland, OH)
By Mary Weaver Chapin and Heather Lemonedes Brown and designed by Tom Barnard.
Sophie Taeuber-Arp: Living Abstraction
The Museum of Modern Art (New York, NY)
Edited by Anne Umland and Walburga Krupp with Charlotte Healy and designed by Mark Nelson/McCall Associates.
Pòtoprens: The Urban Artists of Port-au-Prince
Pioneer Works Art Foundation (Brooklyn, NY)
Edited by Leah Gordon and Joshua Jelly-Schapiro and designed by Daniel Kent and Jesse Johanning.