The 2020 Alice was awarded to the book Infinite Cities: A Trilogy of Atlases – San Francisco, New Orleans, New York. Published by the University of California Press.
The Alice 2020 jury:
- R.O. Blechman, Illustrator
- Teresa Carbone, Program Director for American Art, Henry Luce Foundation
- David R. Godine, Publisher
- Sharon Helgason Gallagher, President & Publisher, Artbook/D.A.P.
- William P. Kelly, Andrew W. Mellon Director, Research Libraries, NY Public Library
- Max Rudin, President & Publisher, The Library of America
- Ian Wardropper, Director, The Frick Collection
- Chair: Jock Reynolds, Former Director, Yale University Art Gallery
The Alice 2020 short list:
- Alexander von Humboldt and the United States: Art, Nature, and Culture
Smithsonian American Art Museum. Washington, DC
- The Curious World of Seaweed
Heyday. Berkeley, CA
- Fishes of the Salish Sea: Puget Sound and the Straits of Georgia and Juan de Fuca
University of Washington Press. Seattle, WA
- Shinto: Discovery of the Divine in Japanese Art
Cleveland Museum of Art. Cleveland, OH
The Alice was presented virtually by Joan K. Davidson on October 2020 in New York City.