The 2018 Alice was awarded to Bard Graduate Center for the book Visual Voyages: Images of Latin American Nature from Columbus to Darwin, by Daniela Bleichmar. Published by Yale University Press in association with the Huntington Library, Art Collections, and Botanical Gardens.
The Alice 2018 jury:
- R.O. Blechman, Illustrator
- Paula Cooper, Director, Paula Cooper Gallery
- David Godine, Publisher
- Sharon Helgason Gallagher, President & Publisher, Artbook/D.A.P.
- Ian Wardropper, Director, Frick Collection
- Chair: Jock Reynolds, Director, Yale University Art Gallery
The Alice was presented by Joan K. Davidson October 2018 in New York City.
The Alice 2018 short list:
- Debi Cornwall: Welcome to Camp America, Inside Guantánamo Bay Radius Books, Santa Fe, NM
- “O’er the Wide and Tractless Sea”: Original Art of the Yankee Whale Hunt New Bedford Whaling Museum, New Bedford, MA