The 2017 Alice was awarded to Bard Graduate Center for the book Charles Percier: Architecture and Design in an Age of Revolutions, edited by Jean-Philippe Garric and co-published by Bard Graduate Center Gallery, Château de Fontainebleau, Réunion des musées nationaux—Grand Palais, and Yale University Press.
The Alice 2017 jury:
- R.O. Blechman, Illustrator
- Paula Cooper, Director, Paula Cooper Gallery
- David Godine, Publisher
- Jock Reynolds, Director, Yale University Art Gallery, Chair
The Alice was presented by Joan K. Davidson November 2017 in New York City.
The Alice 2017 short list:
- Conflicts of Interest: Art and War in Modern Japan
Saint Louis Art Museum, Saint Louis, Missouri
- Inventing Downtown: Artist-Run Galleries in New York City, 1952-1965
Grey Art Gallery, New York University, New York, New York
- Robert Winthrop Chanler: Discovering the Fantastic
Vizcaya Museum and Gardens, Miami, Florida