The 2021 Alice was awarded to the book Strata: William Smith’s Geological Maps edited by the Oxford University Museum of Natural History. Published in 2020 by the University of Chicago Press.
The Alice 2021 jury:
- R.O. Blechman, Illustrator
- Teresa Carbone, Program Director for American Art, Henry Luce Foundation
- David R. Godine, Publisher
- Sharon Helgason Gallagher, President & Publisher, Artbook/D.A.P.
- William P. Kelly, Andrew W. Mellon Director, Research Libraries, NY Public Library
- Max Rudin, President & Publisher, The Library of America
- Ian Wardropper, Director, The Frick Collection
- Pauline Willis, Director and CEO, American Federation of Arts
- Chair: Jock Reynolds, Former Director, Yale University Art Gallery
The Alice 2021 short list:
The Art of Winold Reiss: An Immigrant Modernist
by Marilyn Satin Kushner. Published in 2021 by the New-York Historical Society in association with D Giles Limited.
E. McKnight Kauffer: The Artist in Advertising
Published in 2020 by Cooper Hewitt, Smithsonian Design Museum in association with Rizzoli Electa.
Printing the Revolution! The Rise and Impact of Chicano Graphics, 1965 to Now
Published in 2020 by the Smithsonian American Art Museum in association with Princeton University Press.